Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

Embedding Web Browser (26 API, CEF)

dingdingdong
Participant

Hi all, newbie reporting in!

I'm doing some proof of concept / fooling around and I'm trying to follow some of the steps from this tutorial:
https://archicadapi.graphisoft.com/browser-control-and-javascript-connection

For starters, I'd just like to open a palette with web content, youtube for example, and move on from there if need be.

I'm just - unsurprisingly - completely lost with an example that dates back to 23 API and Visual Studio etc of the day, since it seems like the solution structure and everything just changes when opening the project in Visual Studio 2019.

Does anybody have any more recent examples or tips & tricks when trying to achieve something like that?

Further disclaimer: I'm no coder, though I am familiar with the basics of C# (doesn't carry very far) and thought this would be something worth trying out to get familiar with ArchiCAD Add-on development as I'm trying to test out some of my ideas. Thank you for your patience 🙂

Oh, and if someones willing to do that for me and I can verify that it works and I can edit my dev information, name it etc I can even pay you 100e's for it

3 REPLIES 3
julienK
Advocate

Screenshot 2023-06-01 124448.jpg

 It works just fine in  archicad 26.

Well that's encouraging.

I started from scratch and my first built came with a handfull of errors, which left me dumbfounded, since those included files are there and I've included the directiories: 

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error C1083 Cannot open include file: '..\..\Support\Inc\utf8header.h': No such file or directory Browser_Control C:\Users\dingdingdong\Desktop\AcDev\Wizark_AC26\RINT\Browser_Control.grc 1

Error C1083 Cannot open include file: '..\..\Support\Inc\utf8header.h': No such file or directory Browser_Control C:\Users\dingdingdong\Desktop\AcDev\Wizark_AC26\RFIX\Browser_ControlFix.grc

Error RC1015 cannot open include file 'Browser_Control.grc.rc2'. Browser_Control C:\Users\dingdingdong\Desktop\AcDev\Wizark_AC26\RFIX.WIN\Browser_Control.rc2

Error MSB8066 Custom build for 'RINT\Browser_Control.grc;RFIX\Browser_ControlFix.grc;RFIX.WIN\Browser_Control.rc2' exited with code 1. Browser_Control C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets

Any ideas? 😄

dingdingdong
Participant

I managed to get it to work in AC23, but it seems rather unstable: Moving, docking and resizing the palette seems to freeze its content and closing/reopening doesn't fix the issue. Content also appears to lock on the palettes default size and resizing it doesn't scale/refit content. Are these known issues, or am I just having a special case here? If it's a common issue with AC23, then does newer versions make it any better?