BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.
SOLVED!

GDL - Called Object Hotspots

Lingwisyer
Guru

Hi all,

I have two objects which have all of the same parameters, the only difference is that the second contains only a CALL for the first and returns all relevant parameters. No errors. Yet even though this should make the second act identical to the first, selecting the hotspot on the second gives a value offset a fixed proportion from where you actually selected it...

Lingwisyer_0-1649661801502.png

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru

I figured out the culprit, but I am not sure why it is...

I have a line that basically says y = x. Both of these values are returned to the caller. Changing the hotspot parameters references in the following lines to x instead of y has solved the issue. This hotspot set was originally from a different object where was a fraction of x and I was lazy to change all of the parameter references and instead just removed the fraction at the start.

Ling.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru

I figured out the culprit, but I am not sure why it is...

I have a line that basically says y = x. Both of these values are returned to the caller. Changing the hotspot parameters references in the following lines to x instead of y has solved the issue. This hotspot set was originally from a different object where was a fraction of x and I was lazy to change all of the parameter references and instead just removed the fraction at the start.

Ling.

Learn and get certified!