GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

Stabilising GLOB_ELEVATION for a specific library part

Goker Altuntas
Contributor
Hi everyone,

I was working on a wall appliance, which is a clock-like product. It should always be placed at a specific elevation (let's say hStandard).

For example:

add 0, 0, -GLOB_ELEVATION + hStandard
      block 0.1, 0.1, 0.1,
del 1
This would probably solve the issue but I would prefer ArchiCAD to understand where the actual geometry is. Is there anyway to adjust or maybe just stabilise -GLOB_ELEVATION parameter itself?

Thanks for all your's time, already.
text2 0, dy * 2, "Goker Malik Altuntas"
4 REPLIES 4
What is not stable about your global elevation parameter? is there a reason why you're not mapping everything to your story settings? The global elevation is going to change anytime the object shifts inside us z-space
It may help if you provide an image with some markups giving a better description of exactly what you're attempting to achieve.
I say this a lot but really the elevator object has some really nice code setup for defining stories their heights and everything else like that relative to the object's location.
I use it to set objects specific heights from their home story but I would guess that if you had the right parameters for the location you want to set it from it would work the same way.
Goker Altuntas
Contributor
Thanks for your response,
The global elevation is going to change anytime the object shifts inside us z-space
Yes, and that's what I don't want to happen. Or in other words, I need to restrict the object to not shift vertically. In our projects, this object has to be located at a specific elevation which is 1437mm above the home story. It is a difficult number to remember all the time. Also, there are other objects which are needed to be located at different elevations.

I will take some screenshots, but I need to wait until Monday to access my work computer .

Thanks for your time
You should for sure look at the elevator object then, As it will give you the code you need to access locking your object to a specific height above the home story
Goker Altuntas
Contributor
SenecaDesignLLC wrote:
You should for sure look at the elevator object then, As it will give you the code you need to access locking your object to a specific height above the home story
Thanks for all your suggestions. I will check the elevator asap . Regards..

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!