Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

Surface/Material catalog

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello!

Is it possible to edit Archicad Surface catalog and add costume surface so with each new project they are accessible in surface catalog. Now i have to add costume surface each time i start new project.

Or make costume surface catalog and add it each time new project is started?
So far haven't found a clue to achieve this.

Is it even possible to operate with surface/material catalog ?
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
Rinovo wrote:
Now i have to add costume surface each time i start new project.
This is why it is important to set up your own template that you start each job from.
Add your surfaces as well as other things like wall/slab/roof composites, layers and layer combinations, pen colours, sections and elevations, views, layouts, publisher sets, etc., etc.

Everything that you set up in each job you should set up in your template so you don't need to do it each time you start a new job.
The template will always be evolving as you realise in a job that you need something new or can change what you have.

So as you work in a job you can use the Attribute Manager or copy & paste to transfer your new setups to the template or just make the same changes in the template as well.
Or you can complete the job but then strip out the model and save that as you new template.

Also be sure to load extra libraries in your template that contain the textures used for your surfaces so they are automatically when you start your new jobs.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Didn't thought of that.

Sounds like i can get everything using templates and without using API.

Thanks Berry!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!