Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

An error occured in the following addon: Z-buffer Rendering

tsturm
Newcomer
Can someone help me to understand where my computer is getting stuck and how I can get around this message?

I am using a Pentium 4 3Ghz with 2Gb ram with a Diamond Radeon X1050 video card. I have 17Gb of free hard drive space.

I have no other applications running at all while trying to do this animation.

I can render a single image with all the necessary data. I get this error message when I try to render the animation. I get perhaps five frames into the animation then this message pops up. I get a stop or continue message. If is hit stop it ends the rendering, if I hit continue, it renders blank backgrounds for a few more frames then gives me this error message, which becomes the end of the road and the rendering stops.

How am I getting this error message "An error occurred in the following addon: Z-buffer Rendering Engine

I have no lights or shadows. I have transparency, highlights, emission on and a mid level of antialiencing.

thank you
Terrence Sturm, Architect
AC 23 build
AC 24 build 5000
4 REPLIES 4
Dwight
Newcomer
Can you switch to another rendering engine and see if the problem persists?
Dwight Atkinson
tsturm
Newcomer
Dwight

I have tried the Lightworks engine. With this engine I get an "out of memory" message.

I have run the animation with most every setting off and gotten it to work using the Z Bufer.

I did get the animation to render using the Internal Render.

I would like to learn why each of these engines works or not and how to get quality rendered animations out of AC.

Thanks
AC 23 build
AC 24 build 5000
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have a look at these ArchiCADWiki articles for possible causes of "out of memory" messages -

http://www.archicadwiki.com/LightWorks%20memory%20usage

http://www.archicadwiki.com/error%20messages
tsturm
Newcomer
Peter

I took a look through the material on the Wiki site.

Although the information on the site was interesting, it was not helpful.

For example, how do you make bigger blocks of memory open when your system says you have 1500Mb of memory available and AC says you are out of memory and the cause of it is that AC wants 400Mb and there is a block availabe of 300Mb. If the system says there is 1500Mb there but broken in chunks, how does a person rearrange those chunks into larger blocks?

I am now getting my animation rendered using the Internal Engine. I still would like to find out why the Z Buffer engine fails and how to manage the memory settings to get my files to render using Lightworks.
AC 23 build
AC 24 build 5000