BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Cannot evaluate Curtain wall panel properties

furtonb
Advisor
Hi,

I'm trying to pass the curtain wall panel's nominal width and height into a property.
The problem is, if I select the panel and evaluate the expression, it doesn't return anything.

If I try to evaluate the element ID for the panel, it returns the curtain wall's element ID, as if it wouldn't go to component level to get the requested information.

Any ideas how to overcome this?
odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64
2 REPLIES 2
Hello furtonb,

If I have understood, you want to get each your CW panel's dimensions.
To try do the same thing, I've done a schedule which call every 3D element which is a CW panel (by classification).
By this way I have got only my CW panel into my schedule.
Finaly I put into my schedule element ID and width and height.
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
furtonb
Advisor
Hi Christophe,

I have a schedule that lists these values (nominal width/height, Element ID, Parent ID).
I'm building expression based properties on them and it's rather counterintuitive to switch back and forth a schedule and the property manager window (the schedule shows the evaluated property, but the property manager's editor window not).

It works for "normal" elements like a wall or slab, but not with subelements like a CW panel.
odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64
Learn and get certified!