BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Control Uncut Elements Fill in Section from Graphical Overrides?

Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems the only way is to affect everything through the Section object? there is no other way? for example i would like all my uncut furniture to have a grey fill. How would i go about doing that?
4 REPLIES 4
JaseBee
Advocate
You'll need to create a surface that has a grey vectorial hatching, then graphic override your furniture to that surface, make sure your section setting have vectorial hatching on too.
AC 24 5004 AUS
iMac OSX (10.13.6) 4.2ghz i7
8gb ram/8gb vram
Anonymous
Not applicable
JaseBee wrote:
You'll need to create a surface that has a grey vectorial hatching, then graphic override your furniture to that surface, make sure your section setting have vectorial hatching on too.
i'm not sure i get it, can you explain a bit more?
JaseBee
Advocate
So you have a wall...

Lets say its ID = "wall 01" and its current surface is set to "Paint - White"

First thing you need to do is create a new surface, or modify an existing surface, so it has a vectorial hatching attached to it.

So in 'Options>Element Attributes>Surfaces' Find "Paint - White", Duplicate it, call it maybe "Paint - White (Override)".

Set its vectorial hatching to say "25%" fill, and it's pen to a colour of your choosing (you can leave it on the elements pen setting if you like and it will default to the uncut pen for the wall)

so with this surface created you then go to your graphical override section, create a new rule.

in this example set the filters to search by element type = wall and Element ID = "wall 01" so it finds the wall you want.

then in the override settings you want to check the surface override button, and set the new surface to "Paint - White (Override)".

lastly you need to add that rule to a graphic override set.

make sure your elevation/section settings allow vectorial hatching to be displayed and the wall colour should follow a 25% shade of whatever pen you selected when that graphic override set is applied.

Hope thats a little clearer.
AC 24 5004 AUS
iMac OSX (10.13.6) 4.2ghz i7
8gb ram/8gb vram
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for the clarification! graphic overrides save the day
Learn and get certified!