Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Dimension in rooms

pmi22
Participant
I would like to be able to easily add dimensions to the walls in all rooms in a project (a square room=4 dimensions, a L-shaped room=6 dimensions etc).

I have tested the automatic exterior dimensioning and the automatic interior dimensioning but none of them is really what I'm looking for.

Does anyone know of any tricks that might help me?
6 REPLIES 6
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Interior dimensioning would work for this, but the method I use is: select all walls in one direction, start the tool, draw a line through the walls, complete the line, place dimension. Repeat for the other direction.

However I am also quite quick with just using CTRL to add extra dimension to an existing line by clicking the walls.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I should add, you can select all walls if you want to be quicker, the line you draw determines what is add to the dimension line.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
pmi22
Participant
Thanks, I tried the interior dimensioning tool but it's not really what I'm looking for.

Interior dimensioning gives me a single long line of dimensions cutting through the walls along the line but I'm only interested in the length of each individual wall in a room without the wall thickness. To achieve this using the interior dimensioning tool I would have to use the tool several times, break the chains of measurements, erase all the dimensions that I don't need and the position them. Way to much work if you compare to just going around drawing single dimensions corner to corner.

I was hoping there would be some tool almost like drawing a fill in a room using the magic wand. One click in the center of the room and the length corner to corner of all the walls was there.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
The Zone Tag USA is a stamp that attaches to the zone in your room and can give dimensions: http://archiplus.graphisoftus.com/archiplus_local.html

Cheers,
Link.
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Thank you Link but this link is not working.
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Yes GSNA just overhauled the ArchiPLUS site and must have gotten rid of those objects.

Cheers,
Link.