BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Export to Flash Video

Chadwick
Newcomer
I think I might know the answer to this already, but does anyone know if there is a plug-in/process where I can export a fly-through to flash-video format? We want to use some animations we've done for our website and flash video is really the way to go as far as load times and size. Quicktime just isn't sufficient - files are too large and compression makes the quality less than desired.

Thanks
RA 2012 x64, Piranesi 6 Pro, Sketchup 8, Windows 7 Pro x64, Intel Core i7, 10GB RAM, ATI Radeon Mobile 5870
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you have Flash (the full application, not just the player) then you can just import the QT movie into Flash - it's been a while since I've done it, but I remember it being fairly painless.

Also, just had a look on the web and found this:
http://www.geovid.com/video_to_flash_converter/
If you don't have Flash, sounds like it might be easier...

Also - maybe Quicktime Pro can save as .swf (Flash file format)...
Chadwick
Newcomer
Thanks for the reply. I'll look into the 2nd option as I dont really want to have to purchase any new software for this.
RA 2012 x64, Piranesi 6 Pro, Sketchup 8, Windows 7 Pro x64, Intel Core i7, 10GB RAM, ATI Radeon Mobile 5870
Learn and get certified!