BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Interior elevation plan views

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,

Just interested to know how you folks out there isolate your interior elevation plans? Eg, kitchen plan
I realise that different layer combinations would be a big factor, but do you also have to use cover fills to block out the walls that you don't want to be visible?
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
Here is a little something I prepared earlier.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=182238

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Interesting, I was wondering how others do this in Archicad.
I'm using the method of layers combinations per space (kitchens, Bathrooms, etc). I really wish Archicad had a better way to solve this without the need of adding to many layers and layers combinations, with this plus others workarounds where you need to do more layers I usually end up with many layers and layers combinations in a project.

Sometimes I think that AC should embrace a concept similar to what layers are in vectorworks (I really don't know vectorworks, but looks like what I have in mind) or some way in which we could say for example: The annotations I'm going to do in this view I want them to only show in this view, together with the option of turning elements on and off per view.
This concept should work together with the layers system of course
Anonymous
Not applicable
arqrivas wrote:
Interesting, I was wondering how others do this in Archicad.
I'm using the method of layers combinations per space (kitchens, Bathrooms, etc). I really wish Archicad had a better way to solve this without the need of adding to many layers and layers combinations, with this plus others workarounds where you need to do more layers I usually end up with many layers and layers combinations in a project.

Sometimes I think that AC should embrace a concept similar to what layers are in vectorworks (I really don't know vectorworks, but looks like what I have in mind) or some way in which we could say for example: The annotations I'm going to do in this view I want them to only show in this view, together with the option of turning elements on and off per view.
This concept should work together with the layers system of course
And I think the power is already within AC, cause it can be something like the partial structure display, where the dimensions done in one option, wont show in the other.
Learn and get certified!