Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Line weight not printing properly

mukster
Booster
I'm trying to print, and the light line weights on the screen and in preview keep printing as really dark. I know there's a setting somewhere that's not set right. No matter what I do, I can't get the line weights to print properly. I have true line weight set in the View menu.
7 REPLIES 7
Barry Kelly
True line weight is an 'On-Screen Option' so only affects what you see on screen - not what you print.
Also it only affects the line thickness and not the darkness (colour).

Depending on how you are printing (directly from the Archicad screen, from a layout page or publishing a publisher set) you should have 'Print' options.

Let us know how you are printing if you need more help.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
mukster
Booster
Trying to print from this screen. Do not know what it is called, there was a little window that would pop up to say what it is, but that is disabled for some reason. The flagstone is light in the view map, but I print from the layout book, and the flagstone prints dark. I need it to print lighter. No matter what I do, it prints dark. I am not an Archicad expert, just someone who uses it.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Mukster,

Please do not use ALL CAPS in your posts, it looks like you are yelling at others.
I have modified your post to normal Sentence case.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Barry Kelly
The image you show is a layout page.
The question now is are you going to the FILE menu and printing or are you using a Publisher set to publish (print) the page.

I am guessing you are using File menu > print.
In which case you will see a print dialogue window - make sure the 'Black & White' option is turned off.
If it is then open the 'Page Setup' dialogue and then go into your 'Printer Properties' to see how your printer is set up (colour, greyscale, black and white).
If everything is set to 'colour' then you should get what you see.
If you have an option for 'greyscale' (you may not depending on your printer), you will get tones of grey.
If anything is set to 'black & white' then even the grey lines will print as black (as far as I know).

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
A_ Smith
Expert
you need to add a checkmark at the printing window
AC 22, 24 | Win 10
mukster
Booster
Figured it out - I have to turn off the black and white button at the print window. And thanks for the input, but I don't speak/read/write Russian
Barry Kelly
mukster wrote:
Figured it out - I have to turn off the black and white button at the print window. And thanks for the input, but I don't speak/read/write Russian

No need to read Russian.
I wrote it in English...

Barry wrote:
In which case you will see a print dialogue window - make sure the 'Black & White' option is turned off.

Still it might have seemed like Russian as I tend to over-explain.

The (Russian) image A.Smith showed is to print all lines as hair line - not exactly what you want to do.

Glad you found the solution.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27