BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

New Renovation Filter Issue

Raywill
Participant
The issue I have is, when I place an Elevation view with a “New Construction” Renovation filter onto a Layout, the view on the layout is missing. Only the Story lines are showing.
The elevation view in the view map displays correctly.
I don’t understand why this is happening, I have tried all other renovation filters and they all show on the layout view as they should.
The Elevation Marker cuts through the existing building, So I need to hide the Existing Building to display the new building elevation. This is why I have used the New Renovation Filter to do this.

If you can help with this that would be great, Thanks.

Ray ...
AC19, 20 & 21 Win10 64 bit
Intel Core i7 - 6850K
2 x Nvidia GTX Titan Black - SLI
2 x 16 GB DDR4
2 x 24" Asus Monitors
13 REPLIES 13
Raywill
Participant
See attached image of layout and the South Elevation is not showing up in the viewport on the layout
Intel Core i7 - 6850K
2 x 16 GB DDR4
2 x 24" Asus Monitors
Barry Kelly
Is the drawing actually outside of the frame?
Select the frame and in the settings choose "Fit frame to drawing" to see f it is outside somewhere.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Raywill
Participant
Hi Barry,
The drawing displays correctly on the elevation view in the view map. (See Attached view)
If I change the renovation filter to all other filters the drawing shows up on the layout as it should.
However with the renovation filter set to "New Construction" for this view, the drawing disappears from the layout. only the Story lines are there.

Regards,
Ray ..
Intel Core i7 - 6850K
2 x 16 GB DDR4
2 x 24" Asus Monitors
Barry Kelly
I am not a big user of renovation filters so have not come across this problem.
So if you select the blank drawing (frame) on the layout, right click and choose "Open Source View', do you see the correct elevation?
I am just wondering if the view you have on the layout may not actually be the one you think it is.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Raywill
Participant
The source view is the same view above, and it displays the correct view.
The Layout is still blank.

Ray ...
Intel Core i7 - 6850K
2 x 16 GB DDR4
2 x 24" Asus Monitors
Barry Kelly
Interesting.
It is the view that controls what you see on the layout.
The drawing frame itself has no settings for renovation or overrides.

The only other thing I can think of trying is to ALT+click (eye dropper) on one of the good elevations to get all the settings for that drawing frame.
And then drag a new view of the south elevation from the view map onto the layout page.
If that doesn't show anything I am at a loss to know what it might be.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Raywill
Participant
the other layouts have the renovation Filter set to "Planned Status" and they display as they should.
If I change any of the other views to "New Construction" they also disappear on the layout view.

I have opened up another file and it does the same think on the layout View if the setting is changed to "new Construction"

I had logged a case with Central Innovation (my Software Supplier) on Sunday and I think they are also at a loss with this...
Intel Core i7 - 6850K
2 x 16 GB DDR4
2 x 24" Asus Monitors
Barry Kelly
I can confirm this does indeed seem to be a bug in version 21.
If the 'existing' elements are set to hide in the reno filter, then you will see nothing in the layout even if 'to be demolished' and 'new' are set to show.

I tested in 22 and it seems OK there.

The only solution I can think of is if you set up a reno filter that overrides all existing elements to white.
Then override the existing elements rather than hide them.
Only thing is this will mess up any other filters that use override for the existing elements.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Raywill
Participant
Thanks for you help Barry,

I just heard from CI, they are going to send my file off to the software developers to see if they can sort it out.

In the mean time I might try what you suggested, or I might create and other Layer combination and switch the parts of the existing building to a layer/Layers I can hide for that one Elevation view. A bit of a work around but I think that should work okay.

Ray ...
Intel Core i7 - 6850K
2 x 16 GB DDR4
2 x 24" Asus Monitors
Learn and get certified!