BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Plan flawed representation

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone,

I have the following problem: I have a roof that intersects 2 inclined walls and it doesn't show up right in my plan view, although in 3D everything seems to be just fine. For some reason, the intersection line doesn't show up in the plans. I modified the settings in the floor cut plane menu to be sure that I see the whole elements but it doesn't do the trick.

Any ideas on what should I do?
Thank you in advance
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
jl_lt
Ace
Hello Mr. T.S. there are at least a couple of debates about this in other parts of this site and it exists on the wishlists in many instances. As far as i know Archicad doesn`t correctly project trimmed or SEOed walls on plan, which is a downer. But fear not! a lot of people are constantly asking Graphisoft to fix this.

Anyway, if you require to project it correctly, my suggestion would be to copy the trimmed element (make sure the trim is mantained in the copy or trim it again) and convert it to morph, that way, it will project correctly even if you change the section plane height and also the sloped part of your wall will show as uncut if its below the cutting plane.

I would put the original walls on a hidden layer in case you further need to edit the wall down the line. Hope it helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Hello T.S.,

Ive read and seen that you had some illustration into this post but I always do not understand your request
I hope to help you
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Solution
jl_lt
Ace
Hello Mr. T.S. there are at least a couple of debates about this in other parts of this site and it exists on the wishlists in many instances. As far as i know Archicad doesn`t correctly project trimmed or SEOed walls on plan, which is a downer. But fear not! a lot of people are constantly asking Graphisoft to fix this.

Anyway, if you require to project it correctly, my suggestion would be to copy the trimmed element (make sure the trim is mantained in the copy or trim it again) and convert it to morph, that way, it will project correctly even if you change the section plane height and also the sloped part of your wall will show as uncut if its below the cutting plane.

I would put the original walls on a hidden layer in case you further need to edit the wall down the line. Hope it helps!
Learn and get certified!