Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Project Index - how to control?

cremsberg
Participant
ArchiCAD 10 - I would like to set up the project index to list the pages in my construction drawing set. I would like to know how to control: A) my. drawing list order (which is not necessarily alphabetical) and B) which drawings are included or not included in the index list. Currently it seems I am stuck with my whole list of drawings, including layouts for preliminary designs drawings, and I can only sort them in alpha-numeric order by page number. Thanks for any advice.
Claire Remsberg

Remsberg Architecture, P.A.

MacBook Pro, OSX 12.6, ArchiCAD v25 (5010)
10 REPLIES 10
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Just try a few searches mate. You'l find answers.

Bottom line is that it is not very flexible. We need a Subset sorting criteria.

Cheers,
Link.
cremsberg
Participant
Hi Link - Sorry to be such a dummy, but where to you suggest I do searches? I've tried the guide book and help menu and there is not much info to be found there. Thanks again.
Claire Remsberg

Remsberg Architecture, P.A.

MacBook Pro, OSX 12.6, ArchiCAD v25 (5010)
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
At the top of this page!

Cheers,
Link.
Dwight
Newcomer
Just so your feelings aren't hurt, when a member here says "Search" it means that he knows we've discussed your question and if you put something like "Project Index" in the less-than-obvious search box called by the word "search" in this web page header, you'll get a list of stuff.

Link even put the connection in his reply, but if you don't know that grey letters means an automatic reference to another web address, it isn't helpful. But it's a cool trick.

Go to his message with the grey word "answers" and click on it. That will take you to the last discussion thread.

We advise new forum members to save time writing up and posting a question by first making searches on their question topic to see the enormous wealth of history assembled in just a couple of years on almost every Archicad topic. SO many things are like Sesame Street: new people arrive all the time and experience similar frustrations.

This policy isn't universal. Sometimes a new user will have a dumb thing go wrong and a single line query gets a single line answer that solves the problem. An example of this is fixed slab thickness problems. Lot of postings on it, but complex to search for the answer.
Dwight Atkinson
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Dwight wrote:
/........... grey letters means an automatic reference to another web address
......... a cool trick.
Dwight, that much I know, but how do you create the link
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Use the URL button or (alt+w) when your create your post. It takes the form of Insert URL: http ://url or URL text

You may need to allow scripts to run in the browser, which is no big deal, then you'll be prompted for the URL and the word to insert for the hyperlink.

No hard feelings...

Cheers,
Link.
Dwight
Newcomer
Get a web address.
In the "Post A Reply" Dialog find the URL button. Click it. Write in your reference address. Once Okayed, you are then asked for a name - write in the word you want.

Viola, bassoon, the whole orchestra.
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
As for creating the Link, you'll have to talk to his mommy.
Dwight Atkinson
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Thanks guys, this old fella is a little wiser.
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |