Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

RENDERING PROBLEM

Anonymous
Not applicable
HELP PLEASE - I HAVE A PROBLEM WHEN IN THE PROCESS OF RENDERING MY COMPUTER SHUTS DOWN. SOMETIMES IT RENDERS & OTHERS TIMES IT DOES NOT.
I AM CURRENTLY USING ARCHICAD 10 ON A PC - WINDOW XP HOME EDITION, 1.00 GB of RAM & AM RENDERING IN LIGHTWORKS
MY RENDERING SETTING ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1326 X 787 Pixels @ 250 dpi - i consider this small, so cant understand.
I have also ticked the box were it says 'get model data during rendering process'.
Just wondering is there a difference running archicad on a pc to a mac?
My computer never crashed other than when i try to render - sometime it is nearly finished rendering when it crashes- it is very frustrating as i have clients to meet.
PLEASE HELP
4 REPLIES 4
Thomas Holm
Booster
Try a smaller render (say 600x300 or the like) and check if it works. If it does, it's probably a memory issue. You need more RAM. You might also check if you've got any other applications running. Try quitting everything that isn't necessary, like Explorer, Outlook etc.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
un-tick 'get model data during rendering process' and try that.
Anonymous
Not applicable
SIMON wrote:
HELP PLEASE - I HAVE A PROBLEM WHEN IN THE PROCESS OF RENDERING MY COMPUTER SHUTS DOWN. SOMETIMES IT RENDERS & OTHERS TIMES IT DOES NOT.
Your computer actually shuts down? Or did you mean to say that ArchiCAD crashes?
Anonymous
Not applicable
A bit of both...
Some time the computer crashes and some time it works fine. some time archicad crashes and sometime it does not!!!!
I am the edge of my seat when rendering - curious to know if its going to work this time or not!!
Any thoughts?....