Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Render problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
hello everyone.
i wanted to ask sth about rendering in v.10
i am not very good in rendering or picking materials and colors but while i was using v.9 everything looked nicer. now in 10 i use the same materials the same settings for my sun and i dont know what is going wrong. i send a render i did in 10 to give me some advice.
for example i use for this render for the walls the surface whitewash material and its all grey even if i have my sun 100%. is sth different in 10 that i dont know??
thanks a lot
2 REPLIES 2
NandoMogollon
Advocate
WENDY_NEVERLAND wrote:
hello everyone.
i wanted to ask sth about rendering in v.10
i am not very good in rendering or picking materials and colors but while i was using v.9 everything looked nicer. now in 10 i use the same materials the same settings for my sun and i dont know what is going wrong. i send a render i did in 10 to give me some advice.
for example i use for this render for the walls the surface whitewash material and its all grey even if i have my sun 100%. is sth different in 10 that i dont know??
thanks a lot
Hi, are you using lightworks engine or the internal engine?
However, you should check the lights in this order: Camera, ambient, and sun..
The camera light works like a Flash, the ambient light tends to make all the colors plain. And the sun is an easy one.
Try to include more quantity of lights objects, and be sure that all of them are turned on.
Hope it can be usefull.
Nando Mogollon
Director @ BuilDigital
nando@buildigital.com.au
Using, Archicad Latest AU and INT. Revit Latest (have to keep comparing notes)
More and more... IFC.js, IFCOpenShell
All things Solibri and BIMCollab
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's hard too say what you should do if we not know how you do today. Could you tell us how your rendersetup is set?

I have seen that alot of materials (in Swedish version) that have ambient settings at value 60-80 in AC9 don't have any ambient at all in AC10, and this make these material look dark / grey if you have same settings in AC9 that you have in AC10 in rendersetup (if you use Ambient lightsource).