Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Roof eave line not showing when placed on layout

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, roof shows the eave line when I edit it, but when I placed it on layout, the eave line disappear.
Any idea?

Also, I am having trouble with auto snap (dimension tool on walls) I checked automatically dimension walls and slabs and chose outer faces. Still doesn't snap walls.

Archicad 24

PLEASE HELP!
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
The eave line you show is the roof pivot line (or pitching line).
It is a non-printing line that does not show on the layouts.
It can be controlled in plan also via the 'On-screen Display Options' - it can be turned on or off.
It will always show when you select the roof to edit it regardless of the on-screen options.

The options you show for the dimensions only work when you click on the side of a wall to place the dimension.
Click once on the side of the wall when placing a dimension and it will add nodes for the outer edges, core edges and/or reference line if you have those options selected.
It has no effect if you are picking individual nodes at the ends of walls because Archicad assumes you want just that node.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Sienna Boxsell:

Further to Barry's comments about the eave line (which I would call face of wall below): you can use the Magic Wand (press the space bar) with the Polyline tool to create a line that follows the Roof Pivot Lines and will be visible on the Layouts.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14