BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Slab Target top of slab heights?

rob2218
Enthusiast
So..we have slabs. we need to target their "top of slab" elevation as it relates to the vertical datums set in the model.

The target symbols are targeting the "story settings" yet I want them to target the "top of slabs"...How do I do this?

(see attached graphics)
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
8 REPLIES 8
Karl Ottenstein
Rob,

I answered a similar question that you posted about the same time to this thread:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=223828#223828

I don't really understand what your saying or illustrating in the screenshot here.

The 202'-7" for the one slab IS the top of slab relative to your project origin. What other value for 'top of slab' are you looking for? Top relative to the current story (you say this is targeting story settings, but it is not in your screenshot)? Thickness? (top relative to bottom of slab)?

If you go to edit the text for your placed dimension to custom text, you'll see that the level dimension is actually an autotext: <toPZvalue> which means elevation to the Project Zero value. If you set one of your reference levels in Options > Project Preferences > References levels to some datum - such as sea level, etc - then you can instead report the height relative to that Reference Level.

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-17-int-reference-guide/user-interface-reference/dia...

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-17-int-reference-guide/documentation/annotation/dim...

See attached screenshot. Select the level dimension TEXT (not marker) - and edit the custom text by selecting the fly-out menu to choose the reference level you want.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
rob2218
Enthusiast
perhaps I am not being clear enough Karl.
by the way...thanks for your answers, they help a lot.

I have that "Level Dimension Tool" activated.
I select the slab (which is at 185'-11" in vertical height).
When I select the different variables available to me via that text box which you show on your previous post, for some reason I can only get the story setting vertical elevation unit....which is 188'-3"...yet the slab is set to 185'-11".....so I'm not quite sure why I can't seem to get the slab to read "it's top of slab" elevation vs. the story setting value.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Karl Ottenstein
Can you post a couple more screenshots, as I'm still not understanding what you're doing. Select the slab, and post a shot of the T and B values from the Info Box. Also post a screenshot of the available autotext options when you try to change the level dimension text, and a screenshot of your Reference Levels dialog.

Thanks!

(Maybe someone else can sort this out without the screenshots?)
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
rob2218
Enthusiast
You're a tremendous asset to this forum in offering assistance.
I'll post the screen shots...picture is definitely worth 1000 words.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
HERE'S THE SCREEN SNAPSHOT.
Slab-target-question-02.png
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Karl Ottenstein
Thanks, Rob - but I need the three screenshots that I asked for, not the one you posted.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
If it is defaulting to the story elevation, I'm guessing you've either missed the slab and/or you don't have the gravity set to slab in your coordinate box?

Cheers,
Link.
rob2218
Enthusiast
LINK!....you are Mr. Holmes! (Sherlock that is).
it was the gravity. not set to "slab".
soon as I did that....it targeted the slab and gave me the correct vertical elevation number AND case solved!.

thanks ALL, for your assistance.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Learn and get certified!