Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Slab graphics issue - uncut and overhead option not available

amitchristian
Enthusiast

Slab tool in archicad does not have option to show element as projected, cut only or overhead similar to beam tool.

Because of this issue slab does not show correct graphics in plans, cut at different heights for the same floor.

Please review attached 2 page PDF and PLN file explaining this issue in detail.

Similar to Beam, Slab does not change graphics from uncut to overhead based on Cut Plane height in floor plan. Please let me know if any solution for the same. Currently we are creating Graphic Override to show low height slab as solid lines or hiddden lines. 

2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Yes, this is a limitation unfortunately. 

You can make a wish for this feature so we can submit it to Graphisoft for consideration.

If you do make a wish, please post its link in this thread.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Space_Agency
Booster

This issue is something I am seeing over and over with Archicad's representational problems. Commentary on these kinds of representational problems elsewhere in the community forums is quite common even on this 27th iteration of Archicad. Continually seeing this kind of problem shows a lack of understanding by Graphisoft on the importance of the fundamental aspect of graphics for architectural drawings. Shouldn't Graphisoft be fixing these basic issues before introducing new features that we minimally use as architects versus features we use in nearly every plan set? No intention to troll or flame in this comment, just trying to get customer voices heard. I assumed the wish forum/consideration would be for new features beyond the most basic architectural representation. Frustrating.

Archicad V26 /V27 USA
MacBook Pro M1 Max
ram 64GB
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1