BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

T.O.W. = <toAltvalue> with Label Tool?

Jeff Kogut
Booster
I'm looking to speed up labeling top of wall to sea level. We currently do this manually with the Level Dimension Tool, but frequently this takes up a lot of space in the wrong place.

I'd like to grab all my foundation walls and go to Document | Label Selected Elements instead using the label in the attached pic (on the right side). The Elevation Label 21 gets close, but only options are Project Origin and Current Story - no Sea Level option. Is there another way, or a 3rd party label anyone knows of?
AC19-23 | Win10 Pro | i7-8700K | Quadro P600 | 500gb 960 EVO M2 | Dual 28" 4k Samsung U28E590
3 REPLIES 3
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
I've got a custom Label that I can probably edit to accommodate what you want -- PM me with your email address and I'll see what I can do.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Jeff Kogut
Booster
Laura, thanks for the offer!

However we had an internal discussion about this last Friday and decided to use the following:

1. Crawlspace: Elevation Label 21, Custom Settings | Label Content | Reference Story > Project Origin

2. Basement: Elevation Label 21, Custom Settings | Label Content | Reference Story > Current Story

We're not fighting the program then. Crawlspace labels will have a negative value dimension from main floor/project origin and basements will be positive from top of basement slab.
AC19-23 | Win10 Pro | i7-8700K | Quadro P600 | 500gb 960 EVO M2 | Dual 28" 4k Samsung U28E590
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
There are definitely benefits to using OTB Objects (including Labels). That said, you should never let the software control your desired output.

For that reason, I tried using the Elevation Label when it was introduced, but due to the limitations you stated, have stuck to the Label I created years ago.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Learn and get certified!