Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Text Editing Glitch

Fullquiver
Participant

Hi All, First post so hoping someone can help, and only back on AC after a long break . I am running MacBook Pro M1 with 64GB with AC26 and AC-ARM. I was hoping the ARM release would resolve my text editing glitch, but no.

When I edit text, then click out. My cursor will move but it won't drag the text or select anything, it comes good after a few minutes or after I go file and then save.

Support didn't have a solution so reaching out to the community to see if anyone else is having a similar issue?

4 REPLIES 4
MinhNguyen
Advocate

Hi there, I'm using a Macbook Pro with M1 Pro, but didn't have any issue with the Text tool in AC26. Could you please share a short video so that it's easier to understand what happened?

BIM Manager
DKO Architecture - HCMC

Hey There, thanks for your reply. I have uploaded a short video. You can see when after I have edited the text. I can selected something then try and drag. The it freezes. At times the cursor won't even allow a selection.

It can be random as well. It may not start happening initially when I open AC.

So it happens with all elements, not just texts then. To me it looks like input/display issue. From the screen record, I assume you're using an external display? Does the issue happen on the internal Macbook Pro display?

BIM Manager
DKO Architecture - HCMC

Fullquiver
Participant

Thanks Minh, there has been a few issues running dual monitors. However, problem only became apparent when I installed AC26.

I have now upgraded macOS to Ventura and the AC26 to the ARM edition. Glitch seems to have gone.

Appreciate your time in responding.