Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Text tool bug

Bullwise
Participant

Hi there! I've been struggling with a minor bug for quite a long time. But as small it is, as annoying it can get.

When I'm writing a text in the Text Tool box, after a short period of time, the Enter, Backspace and Delete buttons from my keyboard stop working. Only in Text Tool. Other keyboard shortcuts are doing just fine with these buttons. It is very important, that in the moment of starting the program they work genuinely and just after a short period of usage they stop working. Sometimes, after long hours of program usage, they start working again, also for a short period of time. I tried to find some pattern, but it seems totally random for me.

First I met this problem in AC22, where I still used a lot of predefined work environment settings from older AC versions. When I switched to AC25 my hopes were high, that I will get rid of this minor bug, but it still remained with me. The only settings I am using now in AC25, apart from factory settings, are my keyboard shortcuts, so I guess it might have something to do with that. But that is only a guess. 

Have anyone met this issue yet?

13 REPLIES 13
Botonis
Advisor

Are you changing languages when this is happening? There is a fix in the registry published some years ago for cases that the keyboard shortcuts get deactivated when you change between languages

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.

This is a really good hint. I am going to try it and share my experience here.

Thank you!

Erik Geci
Participant

We had same problem this morning in our office. Only restart pc fixed it, but is there any knowledge why is this happening?

Botonis
Advisor

For anyone having problems with the keyboard shortcuts this might be in the case of changing languges.

Use the fix the registry:- Open "Regedit" in the Windows start menu
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Graphisoft\Archicad-64\Archicad-64 xx.0.0 INT R1\KeyMode Shortcuts registry key and change the value of it from 0 to 1

Now AC will take the keyboard button pressed down disregarding the actual input character.

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.