Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

VR Scenes panorama camera views

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are making vr scenes and have about 5 camera linked. When we are in the movie and jump to the next camera position I'm facing in a direction I don't want to start looking at because I think it would confuse people looking at the movie. Is there a way I can choose the direction the panorama is looking when someone first goes to it? Please say yes!!!

Thanks,
Michele
4 REPLIES 4
Djordje
Ace
Michele wrote:
We are making vr scenes and have about 5 camera linked. When we are in the movie and jump to the next camera position I'm facing in a direction I don't want to start looking at because I think it would confuse people looking at the movie. Is there a way I can choose the direction the panorama is looking when someone first goes to it? Please say yes!!!

Thanks,
Michele
Yes.

Art•Lantis or plain ArchiCAD?

In ArchiCAD, the first VR camera has the arrow that points to the default view. The rest takes the default view from the direction of the link to the next one.

In Art•Lantis, you can set each per VR camera (or, better, node) by moving the arrows and hotspots per selected camera.

HTH,
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
[The rest takes the default view from the direction of the link to the next one.

HTH,
Djordje, So you are saying there isn't a way to change the first view you get from each camera position? Does the location of the center point do anything?

Thanks,
Michele
Djordje
Ace
Michele wrote:
Djordje wrote:
[The rest takes the default view from the direction of the link to the next one.

HTH,
Djordje, So you are saying there isn't a way to change the first view you get from each camera position? Does the location of the center point do anything?

Thanks,
Michele
Have to try it again - it has been quite a while since I did this last time. You can move the link points to relevant places like doors and openings, in order not to crash through walls (although it doe snot hurt, being virtual )

Place the link to the next where you want to look initially, that might help.

On Art•Lantis, you definitely can define the jump points and the look-to points separately.

HTH.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
The first inserted VR camera has an arrow. you can drag or rotate that arrow to show the direction on enter. But when you are moving from camera to camera the direction is described by link lines, and you can change it only with those lines. In artlantis you can define it separately for each panorama but remember, that if you set direction of view for each jump from panorama in the same place, you will have difficulties to jump back to those panoramas.