BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

CineRender delivered settings (scenes) a bit glitchy

Karl Ottenstein
The CineRender engine has a lot of settings to nerd out on. Fortunately, Graphisoft has delivered a number of pre-defined 'scenes' to let you select preconfigured settings for exterior renderings, vs interior, white model renders, etc.

Unfortunately, I'm seeing some little glitches in these 'scenes' that might drive some non-nerds crazy.

For example, the 'daylight' scenes check the box to use the current ArchiCAD sun position. But, the 'white model' scenes have that box unchecked, and used a fixed (and peculiar) time. So, rendering a color image and then a white model will give completely different shadows. If you want the same shadows - following the AC sun as saved with your view - then check the "Use ArchiCAD Sun Position" checkbox in the Environment panel.

The physical render version of interior daylight has global illumination values that are too low to bounce the light around, vs the same scene that does not use the physical (camera-like) engine. You may beed to adjust the GI values.

So... for now, "User Beware"... it is not as simple as Graphisoft had intended. Over time, perhaps people will share debugged/improved scenes with the community... and Graphisoft may adjust the delivered ones in a hotfix to be a bit more consistent and usable.

If you find other settings that cause issues, please post.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
3 REPLIES 3
Gus
Newcomer
I've been trying for two days to figure out how to place a photorendered view onto a sheet and have it match the image that comes out of the photo render when using the photorender button on the bottom of the photorendering window. I would really like to set up a sheet so that my chosen settings stayed the same, and as the model changed the photorenderings on the sheets stayed with the same settings and were simply updated as needed. I have messed with sun settings in the photo render window I've messed with and saved settings in the view. The view's render on the sheet never matches the photo rendered view from the photo render window. See image attached. It shows the view settings, photo render settings photo render through the photorender window preview and the photorender as seen on the sheets that that views are placed on.
www.michaelgustavson.com Architect NY WI IL
Madison WI
Archicad21 MEP EcoDesSTAR Win10-64-bit
EliteBook8570W Corei7-3630QM@2.40GHz
QuadroK2000m RAM32 (2)250GBSSDs
4 Monitors Internet:4Up60Down
Karl Ottenstein
Let's keep this discussion of your issue in your original thread, Gus:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=231153#231153

Having people post possible solutions here as well as there will just muddy the waters for the next person coming along.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Sandor Vaczi
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

The modification of the values of the primary and secondary intensity might give a misleading result. Because the image can be easily enlightened, but there won't be linear relationship between the light and the quality of the shadows.

The fast render scenes are fast because the Diffuse depth has a very low value. This should be enhanced to have a more photorealistic rendering, and to increase the qualiy of the shades (the engine counts more bounces for the light beams ). But on the other hand it will take up a lot of time. (in the next version it will be quicker because the engine will be updated )

Also the wrong setup of the sun might caused that the image was too dark. But if this result came with sun set to south then adjust the value of the DD parameter or the primary/secondary intensity parameters.

Best regards,
Sándor
Learn and get certified!