Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

changing PlotMaker page size

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do you change the page size?

Is it set once, and then not changeable? For the life of me, I can't see how to change the paper size.
6 REPLIES 6
__archiben
Booster
todd

presumably you are using plotmaker 3.x?

each layout sheet has it's size defined by a "master" layout document (in the drop-down folder at the bottom in the navigator). a "master" layout is like a template that the actual layouts you create are based on.

you can make several "master" layouts as you require for each layout book. each "master" can be assigned a different page size, can hold various content that will appear on each layout using that "master", etc.

when you create or select a layout page, the information shown at the very bottom of the navigator window shows which "master" the layout is based on. you can change it here via the drop down menu to the one you want (ie the one that has the correct page size you need to use).

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks!
__archiben
Booster
ok

so if you go to "master layout settings" at the bottom of that drop down list you will be able to change the paper size (via plot/print set-up) for that "master". it will then be reflected in all of your layouts.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
Anonymous
Not applicable
~/archiben wrote:
ok

so if you go to "master layout settings" at the bottom of that drop down list you will be able to change the paper size (via plot/print set-up) for that "master". it will then be reflected in all of your layouts.

~/archiben
It will be refelcted in all the layouts that have that master selected in the layouts settings. One lbk can have many different size sheets based on the number of masters you have. One master is set as the default (bold in the list) which is what all subsequent layouts will be.
Anonymous
Not applicable
There is a file in the ArchiCAD 8.0 folder that has an example of a book setup with different page sizes. Open it in Plotmaker v.3.0.0. and change masters. I would view this only as an example. Customize one for your firm's projects as noted below.

A Tip - Title Blocks
Draw different size title blocks in one ArchiCAD file at 1:1 Create a different Story in a AC file for each size - e.g. Tabloid - 11x17, 8.5 x11, Arch D, etc. Name the AC file "XYZ" title blocks. Delete all Layers to match those in PlotMaker. In this fle add only text that will not change on each sheet. Use Hot-Spots to block out desired locations and other set locations. Save and each time you need to set up a new Plotmaker book you can import from this file into a Master in a PM Layout book.

If you save this as a .PLA file, your office can also use this as a office standard template that is imported into plotmaker. PLA files are a little more compact and will carry objects if you use them in the title block - Like tif ,pict or jpeg logos.

A further guard against editing is to save the Layout file without any drawings like the GS example.
__archiben
Booster
Bruce wrote:
A further guard against editing is to save the Layout file without any drawings like the GS example.
and if you are using a mac: switch to the finder and locate the layout book file, select it and "Get Info" (Cmd I). in the floating window that pops up you change the files 'type' to a "Stationery Pad" and 'lock' it.

this has the affect of making the file read-only and opens a copy of that file everytime it is used rather than the original. kind of like a template. you will notice that it opens as an "Untitled" document . . .

this can, of course, be done for any file you like, (archicad files included - but there is an option to save as a template in archicad now). could this be a tip for long time mac users who have forgotten all about this function?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t