Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

copying text from hotlink module

ahmad525
Booster

hey all

im trying to edit the hotlink i have for general notes and make some amendments. 

the module was created in AC 19 and now im using AC 25. the issue is sometime when i open the module from inside the pln file as a (open in new instance) it shows partial parts of the text and not the whole thing and different style (looks the same text as i initially edited before making module).

another issue is when i open the pln file externally and try to copy and paste into a fresh new pln file it paste everything in the same ref. point over each other and i cant seem to figure out how to fix this issue.

please find snippets below.

ahmad525_0-1678060234338.png

ahmad525_1-1678060255939.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Gerry Leonor
Advisor

are the drawing scales the same between your origin file (v19) & the file you're pasting it to (v25)?

also, are the text boxes in v19 actual Text or Labels? because i was going to also suggest checking the anchor points. anchor points matter with Labels & not so much with Text.

AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Gerry Leonor
Advisor

are the drawing scales the same between your origin file (v19) & the file you're pasting it to (v25)?

also, are the text boxes in v19 actual Text or Labels? because i was going to also suggest checking the anchor points. anchor points matter with Labels & not so much with Text.

AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8

well thank you mate.

sometimes its just as easy as checking the scale ! i even copied within a worksheet but it was still the same. i shouldve checked the scale.