BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.
SOLVED!

materials

Anonymous
Not applicable
hello guys!i have a question.Can i add textures from my laptop(i mean as we do in photoshop,just uploading a jpg from our computer and converting it to a texture).
or should i use just the textures given by arhicad(which are not enough for my renderings)
if i can add my own textures,can you explain me the steps i should follow,plss
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru
Options => Element Attributes => Surfaces => New

At the bottom of the window, hit search and located your jpg.

If you're just viewing things through the 3D window, that is enough. If not and you are rendering scenes out, then things are a bit more complicated. In the Surface Settings you will need to change the Engine Settings to CineRender. From there the easiest method would be to find an included texture that is similar to the one you want then either modify the colours or jpgs used to construct it. If you know more about Surface Channels then you can construct one from scratch but I'd still suggest using an existing as a basis for construction. If you look around, you can find websites that supply textures with all the required channels. These generally consist of a Defuse, Specular and Bump map.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru
Options => Element Attributes => Surfaces => New

At the bottom of the window, hit search and located your jpg.

If you're just viewing things through the 3D window, that is enough. If not and you are rendering scenes out, then things are a bit more complicated. In the Surface Settings you will need to change the Engine Settings to CineRender. From there the easiest method would be to find an included texture that is similar to the one you want then either modify the colours or jpgs used to construct it. If you know more about Surface Channels then you can construct one from scratch but I'd still suggest using an existing as a basis for construction. If you look around, you can find websites that supply textures with all the required channels. These generally consist of a Defuse, Specular and Bump map.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!