BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

scheduling modules?

Anonymous
Not applicable
In v.19, is there a way to count/list instances of module files in the project and their orientation?
For example, a multi-unit development where the site has been modelled in the main file and construction units of a number of types are inserted as module files; I would like to set up a schedule to identify the various modules in the main file (and quantity of), their location (preferably setout dimensions from datum point), rotation from north and whether the module is mirrored.
1 REPLY 1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
It is not possible to schedule Hotlinked Module instances so some other solution is needed.

I would probably try to do this with a GDL Object.
I would create a simple GDL object and I would place it in each Hotlink Module source file.
Its 2D could be a simple hotspot so no graphics would appear in any Viewpoint.

Then you would be able to Schedule only instances of this GDL Object.

The GDL Object could have parameters that would be set to these values you want - e.g. a parameter for the X coordinate of the GDL Object, another for the Y coordinate. Then you would set these objects parameter to be listed in the schedule.

You might give it a go if you know some GDL.

What I don't know is whether these parameters would return the X, Y coordinates, etc. within the source file or the host file in which the source file is placed as Hotlinked Module, you would have to try that.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!