Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

3D document

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I would like to create a 3D document with custom facade treatments (walls) but with minimum 'additions'. I've managed to create a simple black and white condiment using the internal engine, but I would now like to add texture and colour such as staffordshire blue bricks and cor-ten steel.

I have created the custom material, however the texture or image itself isn't showing in the 3D windows or 3D document.

I've attached an image of the kind of style I'm looking to achieve, although the trees would be added in illustrator.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
While in the 3D document, right click and open the 3D document settings. Try clicking on "vectorial 3D hatching".
Barry Kelly
Texture images can't be displayed in the 3D window with the internal rendering engine.
You need the OpenGL engine for this.
3D Documents unfortunately can only show the material colour and vectorial hatching and not the texture image.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
Texture images can't be displayed in the 3D window with the internal rendering engine.
You need the OpenGL engine for this.
3D Documents unfortunately can only show the material colour and vectorial hatching and not the texture image.
Barry.
I see! I think I'll just use the internal engine and use the perspective grid in Illustrator to apply textures... As you can see from the attachment, its a simple visual anyway.

Thanks for your help