cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

AC10 Publish to PDF doesn't work in Win7?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all

We recently got a couple of new workstations with Win7 64bit. Most of our projects are done in AC10. After a bit of hassle we got AC10 to work fine on Win7.
EXCEPT:

It turns out save/publish as PDF is not working. PDF is not even shown as an option in "Save as" dialog.

Called our reseller. First he said, it should work. Then he checked and noticed that indeed it was not working. No solution. Time to ask the forum.

Has anybody, by any chance, any ideas for a hack to get our pdf sets published from Win7 without resorting to manual PDF printing and laboriously setting custom paper sizes?

For now, we just have to go to the old XP machines when publishing time comes...
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry,
There is no such tickbox in the codemeter enabler installer for AC10.

I think we may be talking about two different things regarding the "XP mode". There is

a) the option in Win7 to run an application in 98/XP/Vista/etc. "compatibility mode" (accessed through properties dialog)

b) the virtual machine "XP mode" that can be downloaded here
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

When I first installed AC10 on Win7 I tried using a). It seemed to make no difference.

Now I have been fiddling with b). So far with no luck. Always when starting Archicad, I get error 501, "wibu driver not found" and the option to run in demo mode.

I dug up an old wibu key and tried that instead of the codemeter dongles, but I got the same error message nevertheless.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I think I will give up on this now.
Barry Kelly
The attached image shows the codemeter/wibu-key option for the version 14 installer.
As I mentioned I don't think this option exists in version 10.
So maybe you will need to uninstall the WIBU-key drivers/program.
I was of the belief that the two systems are not compatable but not having Codemeter I can't say for sure.

I am using the compatibility mode (your option a) to run 10 on my Windows 7 machine.
Works pretty well except that OpenGL doesn't work and I can't Publish to PDF.

Is there any reason why you can't open the old 10 files in 14 but keep using the version 10 library?
It means you won't be able to open them in 10 again on any machine but it sounds like you are moving away from 10 anyway.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes in theory we could open the files in 14... But I am afraid to do that, because despite all ostensible compatibility, there may always be some glitches with some objects, presentation styles etc.

Worst of all, according to Murphy's law, the glitches will probably be something so small that we won't notice it at first, until it's too late and we find out our construction documents are messed up!

Our pessimism in this matter is founded on experience, because once we did the mistake of migrating some AC9 projects to AC10 and experienced exactly this. So I will rather continue switching computers when publishing than risk the calamities of version (in)compability.