Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Adding properties to 2D Elements

Alex C
Contributor

I am trying to create a graphic override of some details that would highlight the different control layers of my building section with different colors. I am hoping to use a graphic override because I want to change the color of multiple lines and fills, and have the pen thickness remain the same. Also I'd like to be able to toggle between grayscale and my highlighted version.

In the past I have created properties using property manager to better filter objects, but it doesn't seem like it's possible with lines and fills? My new property is assigned to every classification, but under properties for lines I am only seeing ID, design option, and renovation settings. Is there any way to actually assign properties to these elements or will I have to go about this in a totally different way?

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon 12 Monterey

MAC OS Monterey AC27
1 REPLY 1
furtonb
Advisor

You can't assign properties to 2D elements (lines, polylines, circles, etc. - at least for fills you have IDs).

You either try to use the existing attributes that are assigned to these elements (e.g. layers or design option status) to try and figure out a control mechanism.

Or you need to switch to the Morph tool, which will make drawing a lot more cumbersome, but appearance-wise you will get the same as with a 2D drawing, with the added benefit of complete classification&property-based graphic overrides.

odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64

Setup info provided by author