Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Archicad Start 2020 - Graphic Overrides

Planit
Newcomer
Does anyone know how to create new Graphic Override Rules in AC Start 2020?
The location for this in other versions is Document - Graphic Overrides - Graphic Override Rules but AC SE 2020 doesn't appear to have this last command.
13 REPLIES 13
Barry Kelly
Planit wrote:
Does anyone know how to create new Graphic Override Rules in AC Start 2020?
The location for this in other versions is Document - Graphic Overrides - Graphic Override Rules but AC SE 2020 doesn't appear to have this last command.

It is probably just that command has not been added to your Work Environment menu structure.
If you are using a custom WE then you will have to add that command to the menu.
Otherwise switch to a standard WE and it should be there.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Karl Ottenstein
According to this:
https://simbim.es/en/graphisoft/44-archicad-se.html

under the Specifications tab, Graphics overrides are not part of START Edition.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Jacques Toerien
Participant
The SOLO edition has graphics overrides, what is the difference between Start and Solo? Why so many 'lite' versions?
2012 13" Macbook Pro 8GB Ram, OS X 10.14.6
2010 Mac Pro 2x 6 Core 2.93Ghz Xeon, 48Gb Ram, OS X 10.14.6, RX 580

To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem. - Douglas Adams
Planit
Newcomer
Thanks for your help guys.
AC SE 2020 does have preset Graphic Override Combinations but appears not have a command to be able to edit the rules of these or create new ones. I have contacted the software supplier and they confirmed that this is a limitation of AC SE 2020 but have indicated that there would be some sort of work around to do this.
Barry Kelly
Planit wrote:
AC SE 2020 does have preset Graphic Override Combinations but appears not have a command to be able to edit the rules of these or create new ones.

So have you looked in the Work Environment settings to see if that command is there?
It may just be missing from the profile.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Planit
Newcomer
I have had a look but couldn't see any commands for editing Graphic Override rules
Barry Kelly
To add it to a menu in the Work Environment do this ...

Otherwise to just create a rule, open the GO Combinations dialogue and press 'Edit Rules'.

Of course this is all in the FULL commercial version.
Seems odd that you have GOs but no means to edit them.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Karl Ottenstein
Barry wrote:
Seems odd that you have GOs but no means to edit them.

I think that is all part of why START is half the price of the full/pro version...

It is frustrating that most of us know nothing about START or Solo and so cannot provide very specific help when these questions come up. It would be nice if we could switch our Pro versions into START or Solo "mode", (and EDU for that matter), similar to running in Demo mode, so that we could better help people with different editions.

(An example of this is QuickBooks Accountant...which is the most full featured version of Intuit's small business desktop accounting program. It can be switched to restart in a mode that matches any one of the many lower level versions of the product.)
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Planit
Newcomer
Thanks Barry & Karl
I can only get to this point when adding menu to the work environment and the GO commands are greyed out.