BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Complex Profile Change between Teamwork Files through Hotlink

JCCARLOS91
Enthusiast

Hi,

We have a masterplan (teamwork project) with 5 other structure/buildings (teamwork projects) hotlinked into the model. In one of the buildings, the complex profile changes to another complex profile when hotlinked into the masterplan. Please see screenshots attached.

I'm lost with this one. We've tried redrawing the walls and redoing the complex profiles. 

BUILDING.pngMASTEPRLAN.png
John Carlos
AC25 | iMac 2019
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

The reason you would be experiencing these issues is because you don’t have all of your attributes centrally managed. Attributes rely on index numbers and you have created your composites / complex profiles in one file and not copied them across all files so they all have unique Index numbers. The reason in changes when you bring it into your main file is because the attribute index number is aligned with an already used index number in your main file. 

I think I might record a demo on this in the next fortnight once I get back from holidays. It is still something that catches people out. 

Nathan Hildebrandt fraia
Director | Skewed
AC6 - AC27 | WIN 11 | i9-10900K, 3.7Ghz | 32GB Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution

The reason you would be experiencing these issues is because you don’t have all of your attributes centrally managed. Attributes rely on index numbers and you have created your composites / complex profiles in one file and not copied them across all files so they all have unique Index numbers. The reason in changes when you bring it into your main file is because the attribute index number is aligned with an already used index number in your main file. 

I think I might record a demo on this in the next fortnight once I get back from holidays. It is still something that catches people out. 

Nathan Hildebrandt fraia
Director | Skewed
AC6 - AC27 | WIN 11 | i9-10900K, 3.7Ghz | 32GB Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX

Hi Nathan,

I was able to reach out to a friend who told me the same. This is the situation in my case. I changed the index numbers from the building project file to match the masterplan file and it worked.

Thank you for the help!

John Carlos
AC25 | iMac 2019
Learn and get certified!