cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Creating a new line type

rengarch
Participant
I am trying to create a line type to display like carpeting in section view. I drew in the vertical fibers of the carpet in the plan window with the scale set to 1:100. Pasted the lines as a symbol linetype. When I went to use the line type in a section window the scale of the carpet was all wrong. Could some direct me to a tutorial in creating this simple linetype?
Thank you.
Rita
Rita MF Eng, AIA
iMac 27" 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096MB
MAC OSX 10.11.6
Archicad 20
11 REPLIES 11
rengarch
Participant
Laura,

Thank you so much. That works perfectly. Did you make this linetype yourself? If so, how did you do it for future reference.
Again, thanks.

Rita
Rita MF Eng, AIA
MAC OSX 10.11.6
Archicad 20
rengarch
Participant
I dug up my old notes and here is a tip to be credited to Woody Schempp.
Example: 2x10 linetype.
1. Set drawing scale to 1:100 If you do this then 0.16 (in the "Dash" or "Gap" field of the Line Type dialogue box) will equal 16".
2. Draw 2x10 at the 0,0 origin.
3. Here is the key to drawing the line type to scale. Activate the hotspot and place a hotspot at 0,16"
4. Select all elements and copy
5. Activate the linetype and click "New" symbol type.
6. "Scale to Plan" and "Paste Line Components"
7. Set the Gap at 0 and the Dash at .16
Voila, the Joists will be 16" o.c. in section.
Rita MF Eng, AIA
MAC OSX 10.11.6
Archicad 20