Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

DWGs not printing in Plotmaker 9.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am comparing some dwg files and using plotmaker to print them superimposed. But nothing is showing up.

I see title block, and Plotmaker linework, but no DWG. I checked pens, and they are the same as PM linework.

Any ideas?

Nathan
5 REPLIES 5
Djordje
Virtuoso
Nathan wrote:
I am comparing some dwg files and using plotmaker to print them superimposed. But nothing is showing up.

I see title block, and Plotmaker linework, but no DWG. I checked pens, and they are the same as PM linework.

Any ideas?

Nathan
What is the scale of your DWG? It usually comes in 1:1.

AutoCAD Units are the same as PlotMaker units?

What is the insertion point of your DWG?

Is the DWG clean, meaning does not have any elements light years away?

Are the DWG fills linked to drawing origin (a very common cause for not seeing anything are the DWG fills with origin very far away - and ArchiCAD/PlotMaker are zooming to inclute that one too)

When you select it (use Find&Select), does anything get selected?

Did you Zoom to fit? Maybe it is light years away.

Etc ...

In short - if it is showing up in the Navigator, it is loaded. Where is it is another matter ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
I was unclear.

On screen, I see exactly what I want to print.

On paper and in PDF, I get no DWG. I also didn't say that these are Autocad 2005 DWGs, which is what I am about to test next.

Scale, Location, is all good as far as I can tell.

Also, I can explode the DWG, and then it prints, but that is not satisfying to me, since I loose the link.

Nathan
Djordje
Virtuoso
Nathan wrote:
I was unclear.

On screen, I see exactly what I want to print.

On paper and in PDF, I get no DWG. I also didn't say that these are Autocad 2005 DWGs, which is what I am about to test next.

Scale, Location, is all good as far as I can tell.

Also, I can explode the DWG, and then it prints, but that is not satisfying to me, since I loose the link.

Nathan
You don't see what you want to print. Your DWG is patially outside of the layout. What you print is the layout.

First, Fit frame to drawing (select the placed DWGs in the Drawing usage to edit the settings all at one time) and see if the scale is OK.

Try:

1. stretching the DWG frame in the printable space on the layout (red frame)

2. Fitting the DWG to layout

3. Specifying a bigger layout size?

IMHE no DWG ever failed to print ... maybe because I never have anything outside of the layout.

I don't recall now whether the old problem of something not printing if it is partially out of the layout is still on, but it seems it is. Will try it out.
Djordje

HP Omen
Djordje
Virtuoso
Just tried ... it works with Amyuni. Screenshot now ...
Djordje

HP Omen
Djordje
Virtuoso
... PDF now
Djordje

HP Omen