Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Detail Tool: "Rebuild from Source View" behavior

Anonymous
Not applicable
When you "Rebuild from Source View" a Detail, the boundary box in the detail window always reverts back to a "Dashed" (Line Category: Drafting Line) on ArchiCad Layer using Pen 1. How can I get any other settings to "stick" after a "Rebuild from Source View"?
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
The setting I want to "stick" is NO line. The first thing I do in a detail window is delete the dashed bounding box.

So, related question to Jay's: is there any way to NOT get this bounding box in the first place?

Thanks,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Erika Epstein
Booster
to have no bouding box,
Under "General Settings"
have the 'detail bounding box' set to "none"
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
to have no bouding box,
Under "General Settings"
I usually want the Detail Bounding Box to "sow on the Source File, so I did not bother at first to try this.

I then had an occurrence were I did not care if the Box was there or not. The Detail Box shows up in the Opened Detail no matter what. It can be deleted, but it comes right back if you Rebuild from Source View.
Detail Boundary.JPG
Karl Ottenstein
Erika wrote:
to have no bouding box,
Under "General Settings"
Hi Erika,

You got my hopes up! But, alas, that just turns off the box (or other boudnary shape) in the source drawing. Like Jay, I always want to see that. It is the box in the Detail Window that I don't ever want to see.

Regards,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't want to see it either!!!

Graphisoft, for the future???