Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Different representation from the same section

Marco Milazzo
Contributor

Hi everyone, how can i create different model appearance from the same section ? Exemple: diferent shadows, transparency, cut and uncut fills... etc..

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

Shadows and transparency are setting in the actual section settings.

So there is not a lot you can do to change those based on different views of the same section.

All you can do is set up duplicate sections with different settings.

Cut and uncut fills, you can investigate Graphic Overrides which can be saved per view in the view settings.

Just be aware that a GO will affect the entire element, so with an element such as a composite wall with different cut fills, if you override one of those fills, they will all override.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
Barry Kelly

Shadows and transparency are setting in the actual section settings.

So there is not a lot you can do to change those based on different views of the same section.

All you can do is set up duplicate sections with different settings.

Cut and uncut fills, you can investigate Graphic Overrides which can be saved per view in the view settings.

Just be aware that a GO will affect the entire element, so with an element such as a composite wall with different cut fills, if you override one of those fills, they will all override.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11