Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Dimension precision in Layout

Anonymous
Not applicable
My layouts are showing different dimension precision than the model. And I could not find any settings anywhere to fix it.

Example: The dimension precision is set from the Options > Project Preferences > Dimension as 1/2. Model is showing the dimension perfectly, but my layouts are showing 1/16 values.

Any clue about how to solve this trouble?
Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6
Erika Epstein
Booster
Try re-saving the view after you the dimension tolerance set as you want it.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
Try re-saving the view after you the dimension tolerance set as you want it.
You mean deleting the layout sheet and creating it again, right? That won't be of much difficulty. I'll try it.
Thank you so much for your reply.
rocorona
Booster
No, Erika was referring to the VIEW.
In fact, if you switch the Navigator to "View Map", select your "wrong" View and click the Setting button, you can find the 2D/3D Document panel. Here is a pop up for the Dimension setting. You will see "Personal" if the Dimension style was not saved.

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
Umm no, deleting and creating does not help.

(Before recreating the dimension precision was set to 1/2, but after creating the layout it again shows 1/16 precision in dimensions)
Anonymous
Not applicable
rocorona wrote:
No, Erika was referring to the VIEW.
In fact, if you switch the Navigator to "View Map", select your "wrong" View and click the Setting button, you can find the 2D/3D Document panel. Here is a pop up for the Dimension setting. You will see "Personal" if the Dimension style was not saved.
Great. I'll try this now. Thanks you so much.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Fantastic! It worked! Yay! Thank you so much.
I was struggling with this from last couple of days.

What I did: Saved the custom dimension settings of the view maps as a new favorite, and set it as the default dimension settings for all drawings. Done