BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Door object not displaying correct across existing&new wall

In_Space
Participant

I'm working on a remodel project and hoping to retain, at least in plan view—existing, new and demo'd walls, doors and windows. However, in my interior elevations (and sections) things aren't displaying as hoped. You can see in my attached images, the new door is not displaying correct across the butted new and existing wall & the demo'd door outline is also showing. How do I correct this and just display my new proposed elements & exclude demo'd objects? Thx.

Existing wallw:demodoor Large.jpgNewWall Large.jpg
Dan
Senior Associate
iMac 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9/Macbook Pro
OSX 13.4.1
AC26
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Unfortunately this is a limitation of Renovation Filters and how the door and window tools work. A door or window cannot exist in two separate walls. The only way to make it work is to create an empty opening in the existing wall or new wall, (depending which wall hosts the door), to the same width as the section of door that passes in to that wall as mentioned previously. You could achieve it by locking certain walls to the existing and proposed filters and changing their dimensions but this gets quite complicated. 

if you want to hide the demolished elements in your proposed filters you just need to edit the filter settings to ‘hide’ demolished elements rather than override them. It looks like what is showing is actually the ‘new’ infill in to the existing opening rather than the demolished item being overridden. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Lingwisyer
Guru

If you have a door / window crossing between two walls, you will need to add a seperate opening into the second wall.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Solution

Unfortunately this is a limitation of Renovation Filters and how the door and window tools work. A door or window cannot exist in two separate walls. The only way to make it work is to create an empty opening in the existing wall or new wall, (depending which wall hosts the door), to the same width as the section of door that passes in to that wall as mentioned previously. You could achieve it by locking certain walls to the existing and proposed filters and changing their dimensions but this gets quite complicated. 

if you want to hide the demolished elements in your proposed filters you just need to edit the filter settings to ‘hide’ demolished elements rather than override them. It looks like what is showing is actually the ‘new’ infill in to the existing opening rather than the demolished item being overridden. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)
In_Space
Participant

Thanks for the replies, this helps.

Dan
Senior Associate
iMac 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9/Macbook Pro
OSX 13.4.1
AC26
Learn and get certified!