Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Download Original archicad pens

cocoloco
Expert

Hi! We had created couple of custom pen sets & deleted the archicad pens. We also renamed each fitting the company needs so I don't have to look for one pen for minutes. Which is why I prefer my own organization but yes, we renamed & placed custom names into origins of archicad,lol - As we all know now, archicad has dedicated number to each type of object, and even we made custom colors, we are facing issues with  objects being colored automatically as colors from our pens so constantly have to custom override those..... 

So I decided that would be best to have one pen set that origins within archicad with its own names, colors whatever... and then our custom overrides.

But since we removed the archicad original pens, I don't know where to find them and download and at the same time keep our pens? Also no, I don't want to start plain project again because our projects have custom settings that the original version doesn't have. I don't know how to explain it.. .:D

Could someone please help us out? Potentially a description of archicad each pen may be helpful.. Thank you! 

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon new

MacBook Pro, Sonoma: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, Intel 16GB mem,
Archicad Solo 26 and 27 (in testing mode)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Karl Ottenstein

Just start a new project from the delivered template.  The pens will be there.  Go to Attribute Manager to export them for import back into your other files.

One of the forum moderators
AC 28 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
Karl Ottenstein

Just start a new project from the delivered template.  The pens will be there.  Go to Attribute Manager to export them for import back into your other files.

AC 28 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Thank you found it! 🙂 By any chance, do you know which numbers of the pens can be dedicated to completely custom pens? Numbers, that are not assigned to anything that can be assigned based on our preferences? (I have some pens that don't have existing category per archicad and would prefer at least a whole row that is mine and I can organize what color I want where) 

Also, as I found the original archicad pens, it only includes 2 sets of pens (arch 27) however, my custom pen sets are based from other original pen sets (I know it because the colors are different and some of my custom pens resonates with it. Now I am confused -  does each archicad version have different pen set built in? 😄 All I was hoping for is to find the gray scale pen set which I thought archicad used to have.... ? (as I don't use any colors and don't want to. the only time I use colors is just for me to highlight that await confirmations) Thanks again Karl! 

Screenshot 2024-10-13 at 9.25.17 AM.png

In your screenshot, you want to be looking at the View Pens for modeling...

Pens 1-10, 19 and 91 are among the pens used by library objects and the on-screen display will not distinguish which linework within the object can be changed if those don't have original or reasonably unique colors (with 19 and 91 being white).

91 to 100 is the default gray ramp.

The row beginning with the bright read, yellow, green are the default DWG pens.

All of this dates back to the very beginnings of Archicad and still to this date feels fairly random, but those are the pens library defaults used for the USA edition.

I've not played with the new universal libraries in AC 28 yet to see how the old USA/GSNA and international pen numbers might clash.

True. I didn’t consider it may be again different in Archicad 28 so I may as well just wait for it. (Unfortunately I wasn’t able to run it because it says my license is missingc apparently some issue)

Speaking of 28, I am so so so so excited about the global libraries. No more missing doors and windows from my teams using same archicad just different language… no more duplicates. I am just praying for it to work well and not half way 😩

have you tried it yet?

Setup info provided by author