Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Drawing info in section elevation marker

Tom Krowka
Enthusiast
In V9, the link from the layout book to the marker on the floor plan was automatic. The drawing number showed up in the marker without any help (or hindrance) from the operator.

It appears in V10 we have to go and select it from the dialogue box of views that have been created from the SE marker.

Any way to make it automatic again. Reduce the opportunity for operator error. I like to keep the opportunity for error out of the equation whenever possible; this introduces the opportunity again. More crosschecking of plotted drawings required; trying to cut it down.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't understand how you are getting them not to be automatic (I know there are ways - I just don't see how it can happen unintentionally). Please explain what is happening.
Tom Krowka
Enthusiast
In V9, used to place the marker on the drawing, then the view derived from that SE on the Layout book. I would plot from the back to the front (details to plans) and the layout book drawing no and sheet no would magically appear on the floor plan without any input or choices from me.

In V10, my marker is set as undefined. That's how it was in V9 until I plotted the plan with the markers on it. In v10, if I don't choose the drawing it's linked to on the layout, then the marker stays as undefined in the drawing.

Upon reflection, I did not check on the layout book to see if the mark had updated. I was looking on the view.

Will experiment but any comment would be helpful.. Don't want to experiment......want to make money.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com