Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Elevation Issue - Do need your help and big thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey everybody.

1. can i ask what is the difference in "fill uncut surface with-own surface color(NON-SHADED)" and "fill uncut surface with-own surface color(SHADED) under the elevation? i cannot tell the difference from the image attached.

2. May i know how to make the color a little big lighter or transparent? coz now the color is too dark and solid, which is a bit disgusting

Big thanks!!!!!

w.jpg
15 REPLIES 15
Eduardo Rolon
Redifined 3D-Doc and changing the shading from "…shaded" to "…Non-Shaded" gives the following result without editing the Surfaces.
Screen Shot 2014-04-19 at 10.16.38 AM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying, thanks in advance,
so what you mean is if material has transparency, use 3d document, if material has no transparency, use elevation view which is same as 3d document?

Therefore--> I always use 3d document is okay, right?

best,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Two further Questions:

1, how can I make this hatch lighter (Elevation Vertical Hatch)?
2. how to make the glass look like Glass?

best,

richard
Eduardo Rolon
In architectural drawings glass is always opaque and though you could turn on transparency for all elevations and sections of the project that is not correct for construction documents. So that means that if you want to use transparency in your drawings it is better to use it on 3D Docs.

Hatches in elevation are controlled in the surface setting. See previous screenshot for material color and you will see an option for Vectorial hatching.

If by glass look like glass you mean reflections that is not possible nor expected from orthogonal architectural drawings so you will need to add your own textures to the material to fake it. If you mean shininess etc that is not normally possible for regular drawings also since it depends on the angle of a camera so that will also need to be faked or you will need to create perspective renderings to see them.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
many many thanks!

Just one thing, I do know how to add "hatch" on elevation, but what I do want is to "change the line weight and color" to the hatch.

Can you show me how,

best!!
Eduardo Rolon
In surface setting you assign a Pen to the fill.

In Pen settings then you control the line weight of that pen.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator