Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Hide Selection in 2D

Gisele
Advocate

Is there a way to hide selection in 2D (the way it works for a 3D model i.e. without changing the elements layers)?

AC 26 - 5002 USA FULL
Win11 Pro 22H2 - 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900KF 3.00 GHz - 64 GB - 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

No.

You could leave them in the same layer but change their renovation status so they can become hidden.

Just remember to change them back or use a renovation filter that does not hide anything.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

Solution

@Gisele wrote:

The renovation filter is a good advice, but it is not view specific (it applies to the object independently of the view settings)....

Yes it is.

The filter to be used is saved in the view settings.

You can even create you own custom renovation filters 'Option 1', 'Option 2' etc.

Then 'Pin' the element to that particular filter.

It will only show when that filter is active.

I use this for various elevation (design) options on our standard house plans.

But if you just want to turn objects on/off, I think I would go down the layer route.

Whether you are pinning an element to a renovation filter, or setting it in a particular layer, there is really no difference.

Both are controlled in the view settings, so you can have multiple views of the same plan with different renovation filters or layer combinations.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Solution
Barry Kelly

No.

You could leave them in the same layer but change their renovation status so they can become hidden.

Just remember to change them back or use a renovation filter that does not hide anything.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
Gisele
Advocate

I want to create several options using the same plan (for example, hiding specific tables and chairs in one option and keeping them in another option).

I could create different layers, but having the ability to hide elements in a 2D plan and saving the view settings is less encumbering than creating several layers.

The renovation filter is a good advice, but it is not view specific (it applies to the object independently of the view settings)....

AC 26 - 5002 USA FULL
Win11 Pro 22H2 - 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900KF 3.00 GHz - 64 GB - 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

@Gisele wrote:

I want to create several options using the same plan ...

See Design Options in the "Coming Soon" page of the product roadmap:

https://graphisoft.com/product-roadmap/coming-soon

Yours is perhaps one of the longest, most wished-for features, and it's exciting that it might be something we will see in Archicad before too long!

Until then, there are only workarounds such as Barry's use of renovation filters and... in your specific case... hotlinked modules that are hosted to a layer that is associated with that "option"... providing a single layer to control the visibility of all elements in the hotlinked module (furniture arrangements).

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Thank you, Karl, for sharing the roadmap link. 

AC 26 - 5002 USA FULL
Solution

@Gisele wrote:

Yes it is.

The filter to be used is saved in the view settings.

You can even create you own custom renovation filters 'Option 1', 'Option 2' etc.

Then 'Pin' the element to that particular filter.

It will only show when that filter is active.

I use this for various elevation (design) options on our standard house plans.

But if you just want to turn objects on/off, I think I would go down the layer route.

Whether you are pinning an element to a renovation filter, or setting it in a particular layer, there is really no difference.

Both are controlled in the view settings, so you can have multiple views of the same plan with different renovation filters or layer combinations.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

I will try your method. Thank you, Barry!

AC 26 - 5002 USA FULL