Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Forum Posts

Walls and objects merging in section

Hi! I've been struggling with sections for a while now and thought I'd ask how to solve instead of manually working around it every time. It feels like there should be a simple way of solving it, I just can't figure it out. My problem is that walls a...

0kb PDF File after publishing to Dropbox folder

Hi, Publishing PDF goes wrong for some reason with certain files, it creates a 0kb PDF file in the destination folder. I've seen this thread, but my problem is not like that, but I could be wrong: https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=...

furtonb by Expert
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Layouts not updating

Hello. I noticed an issue with layouts not updating when following the below publishing procedure: 1 - Amendments completed in View Map 2 - Go to Publishers Sets 3 - Select Publisher Set 4 - Hit Publish I have auto update turned on and the layouts up...

Too Long by Enthusiast
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Watermark in pdf hidden behind walls, roofs etc.

I was made aware of an issue about a week ago. The watermarks (jpeg) that were being inserted into pdfs and set to "Appear behind page" were being obscured by walls and such. This happens in elevations and floor plans (I haven't tried a section yet a...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Different scales on a same presentation

Hello everyone I have a tricky issue to solve : I placed a title block on a master layout and I use that master layout for presentation, an automatic text being used for the scale. When I have a presentation with a drawing and a schedule or a picture...

Bidaya by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Update Layout To Frame

Hi fam. 'Update Layout To Frame' has quickly become the bane of the office since upgrading to version 24. Can anyone shed light on how to go back to the good ol' days where the layout frame updated in real-time ? If the layout doesn't update as it is...

No windows in layout

When I place any project on a layout all my windows are gone in the stories, sections and elevations. Does anyone have an idea what's causing this?

Dontknow by Enthusiast
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Properties on two or more rows

Hello, I have a long property text that I want to split on two or more rows on a zone stamp. I know that by adding \n between words it creates another row for the next word. Questions: - When adding the property text to the zone stamp, is there a way...

KNA by Participant
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

PDF Setting - Apply to Entire Project

Hello, I need to apply a change to the way AC23 exports to PDF (i.e. not include layers in the PDF files). I have a large amount of layouts and Sets already set up, so it would be time intensive to go through each of them and apply this change. Also,...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Fill show incorrectly

I have been fighting Archicad for the last few weeks and think that it is winning! I used the fill tools to add 300x300mm tile fill on a working drawing I am doing. Used before in AC23 it showed correctly. Used here in AC24 it simply doesn't. Two iss...

KeesW by Advocate
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes