Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Interior Elevations Time

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a question for all of you ArchiCAD colleagues,

How much will it take to each one of you to place about 110 interior elevation markers in TOTAL, dispersed through several floor plans and then generate , adjust, rename each one of the generated views and finally place them on sheets for print out....

My boss says it should only take me a couple of days when in reality It has taken me 4 days so far !

Comments Please

Thank You
6 REPLIES 6
at least 20 minutes

It took only a couple of minutes to place 110 Interior Elevation markers. The video clip is showing all 440 Interior Elevations being automatically placed in Layouts.

Of course it is much more complicated than this - but there might be some things you can be doing to make it faster. ??
Depends on too many things to mention, but assuming all of your zones are already placed, when you copy an elevation marker to the next zone it will automatically be given a unique number. So when your Interior Elevation markers have all been copied into place ( space bar -click) it is just a matter of setting up a Master Layout sheet and dragging the Interior Elevations all at one time on the a Layout - and watch it populate.

Renaming them? There is no doubt some way to ID and Reference them so that is not necessary.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

pnguillen wrote:
...adjust...
When you say "adjust" do you mean, drafting work inside of each elevation? As in adding cover fills over miscellaneous lines or bleed from adjacent rooms? Drawing the thick line around the elevation per graphic standards while going around built-in cabinetry and covering it up also?

Does this also include time for you to dimension and annotate?

If that's what you mean, for example, then it really depends on your design complexity. Anything worth doing is worth doing right and sometimes it takes the time it takes for quality work.

If you're speaking of technical specs only, meaning ArchiCAD's time needed to generate the views and place on sheets, then minutes to an hour maybe?
Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
I really like you website Rex. Great projects.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Steve wrote:
at least 20 minutes

It took only a couple of minutes to place 110 Interior Elevation markers. The video clip is showing all 440 Interior Elevations being automatically placed in Layouts.

Of course it is much more complicated than this - but there might be some things you can be doing to make it faster. ??
Depends on too many things to mention, but assuming all of your zones are already placed, when you copy an elevation marker to the next zone it will automatically be given a unique number. So when your Interior Elevation markers have all been copied into place ( space bar -click) it is just a matter of setting up a Master Layout sheet and dragging the Interior Elevations all at one time on the a Layout - and watch it populate.

Renaming them? There is no doubt some way to ID and Reference them so that is not necessary.

2019-08-01_14-29-08.jpg

2019-08-01_14-21-30.jpg
Thanks all for your answer , great video too ....

But I meant 110 interior elevations from scratch...putting each one on the floor and then adjust, crop and fianlly put the generated views from those 110 markers on to a sheet for print out.

How much will it take you ?
looking foward
Thanks
Still like asking how much is a Car.
Interior Elevations don't need to be made from scratch (not sure what that means). They can be automatically generated, and it is much faster.
Place Zones - Place Interior Elevation Markers - Interior Elevations are all automatically generated when you place the Markers and are available for placement into Layouts - and even that can be automatic.

What part of it is from scratch?

Steve wrote:
I really like you website Rex. Great projects.
Thank you Steve!
Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System