Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Issue sheets / drawing transmittals - schedules vs indexes

AC_Miller
Newcomer

Hi, 

first post so please be gentle. I've been using archicad for a while - AC12-21-24 and am trying to get some standard and templates working better across the office in anticipation of re-doing our Office template for AC28. 

The biggest issue is fundamentally i can't get AC to do the 'matrix' style issue sheets tracking previous issues that many often cite as an office standard. My understanding is to make this happen, Graphisoft would have to re-write the code to allow matrix type schedules. 

So i'm working with what we can. The problem i am having is that i would like a mixture between what an index can filter and show and what a schedule can filter and show. 

If i use schedules, i can split issue sheets down to a separate sheets for each subset. We have our issue schema set up with fields to mark who the drawing is issued to. However, the biggest drawback this approach is fundamental. If we add a layout to an issue that has not been revised but is issued again for information  - it doesn't update the schedule with who it is being issued to for this issue - only the recipients of the last revision. 

If i use indexes, this appears to not be the case, but i can't filter each index to filter subsets. eg 4000 series drawings, 5000 series drawings, 600 series drawings etc all as separate indexes. Not sure if there is a way around it - the schedule options works great - except for the major fact it won't accurately report the issue of a layout that is being issued without a new revision. 

Anyone able to point out where i've gone wrong or if there might be a workaround - other than revising a drawing for no reason just to make the schedule work - which i don't think would be acceptable

screenshots of my parameters below

schedule-parameters.png

index parameters.png

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon 7005 UKI Full build, mac MBP M2

  

AC26; Macbook Pro M2
0 REPLIES 0

Setup info provided by author