Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

LIFE SAFETY - DATABOXES (HOW TO AUTOMATE)

rob2218
Enthusiast
So...we have the request on how to make our LIFE SAFETY work easier.

here's what I have been tasked to do:
1. create a "ROOM TAG" as show on sketch with parameters indicated.
2. create a "DOOR TAG" as show on sketch with parameters indicated.
3. create a "STAIR TAG" as show on sketch with parameters indicated.

Now...even these were simple/ non-intelligent objects that were all three connected together....that would suffice for now. I'd input the information manually and be done with it...would be nice if they could extract information from doors/stairs etc...but that's asking too much programming so manual input would be nice...so long as these objects aren't a series of lines/texts/ rather ONE object with variable texts in them.

LIFE-SAFETY-DATABOXES.png
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
4 REPLIES 4
rob2218
Enthusiast
the explanation sounds more complex than it is.

it's 2 or 3 customizable text boxes (text with a frame around it) which are packed together with internal variable lines of text that you can write information in them.

I tried to grab 3 texts and turned on the frame around them. located their "insertion point" and grabbed them together, then tried to do the "save selection as object" function but they lost their text variable and it AC just made ONE giant box without a parametric text inside....😞
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
SORRY.....my graphics was a bit out of order...here is the correct graphic explanation of what is needed. I've added a little more verbiage to the graphics.....ignore the first graphics please.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rob, did you ever receive a reply to this request?
jim
rob2218
Enthusiast
I'm not sure I ever did.
This question was for a job I'm no longer at......the office was a "sweat shop" of a place. it was horrible.
they were micro-managing EVERY LITTLE aspect of the how you present drawings........it was a NIGHTMARE!.....glad I got out.

But to answer your question...no...never got how to create this "life safety box" in this format.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!