BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Labels with Properties become unavailable when relinking hotlink in teamwork.

Hi there!

So we've been having this issue often at the office. When we share a file to teamwork and relink the hotlink to the teamwork file (we work in "iceberg") some of the labels we have placed get messed up. We used to have the "Text/Auto Text" label (the first time this happened a colleague spent half a day's work retyping the auto text in every label! I thought it was crazy and thought to change it) now I changed to the "Classifications and Properties" label, I thought that would fix it since it's a label for properties but the problem persists, although now fixing it is as easy as reselecting the correct property from the drop down menu and it only takes a few seconds.

Any clues? Cheers!

Solo file with the Labels correct.pngTeamwork file with messed up Labels.pngLabel with the correct property showing.pngLabel with the property unavailable.pngAnother Label with the correct property showing.pngAnother Label with the property unavailable.pngThe property being used.png
Mac Studio 2022; Apple M1 Max; 64Gb LPDDR5
macOS Ventura 13.6.6 (22G630)
AC 27
iMac 27 2014; 3,4GHz quad core i5; 24Gb 1600 MHz DDR3; 2 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M
macOS Catalina 10.15.7
AC 25
Make your life Custom not Standard. GDLing since 2018.
2 REPLIES 2
Xandros
Expert

Hi @Rafael Sangareau 

properties do have a (hidden) ID. If they dont sync you might be getting this problem.

there are 2 approaches that I'd try in this context:

1. since your property is an expression, it should be no problem to delete the property in your hotlinked module. then go to your main file and export your property from there and import the freshly exported *.xml-file in your hotlink.

2. you could do a detour to ifc-mapping. in both your files. add this property to a ifcWall in a property-set of your choice. when this is set up the labels should be relinked to display this ifc property instead. advantage here, that your ifc property is ignoring the internal ID in a way and the label is looking in both files for the path instead (for example: ifcWall > PSet_WallCommon > Automatic_Composition)

ArchiCAD 26 GER / Win10
Intel i9-9900K / 64GB RAM / nVidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Thank you very much for your help @Xandros . I'll try the second option since we work in "iceberg", meaning the main file is also the hotlink file so changing anything in one "file" changes "both" of them.

Mac Studio 2022; Apple M1 Max; 64Gb LPDDR5
macOS Ventura 13.6.6 (22G630)
AC 27
iMac 27 2014; 3,4GHz quad core i5; 24Gb 1600 MHz DDR3; 2 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M
macOS Catalina 10.15.7
AC 25
Make your life Custom not Standard. GDLing since 2018.
Learn and get certified!