Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Layer Combinations in AC10 - Layouts

Anonymous
Not applicable
In previous versions of plotmaker, I used a few simple layer combinations to control titleblock items, such as "ISSUED FOR..." stamp, north point on/off etc.
Because the lbk was a separate file, the layer combination remianed 'on' until I changed it.
Now in v.10, it seems that layouts do not remember/retain layer settings combinations, but instead change to what was is active in the last-selected viewset. this means I have to constantly remember to turn on my layout comination before printing!! something i'm not used to, and has wasted a bit of paper so far...

Is there something I'm missing (the documentation for v.10 is hideously thin/sketchy) or is it impossible to get layouts to retain layer settings?
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think you got the gist of how it works. Very unfortunate. I also used to use layer combinations in plotmaker and controlled revision bubbles and numbers here. I now make sure everything is drawn on the Archicad layer to make sure I don't inadvertently have a layout item turned off. You could try having certain items set to the side on your master layout and move them to their desired location when you need them. Make a wish and I will vote....
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
You can still have layer combinations for layouts. You just have to be aware that there are two current layer combinations now, one for each environment, modeling and layouting. See this thread for more information.

Just be careful that you don't have the CADimage layering bug!

From Sunny Jersey (UK),
Cheers,
Link.