BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Layout Book Layer Combos are Broken

4dProof
Advisor

Layer combinations will randomly vary from one layout to the next. This is broken. I wish this would work consistently and correctly.
I'll add for those who would claim this is user error, I watched a user create a "Annotation - layout book" layer combination, set it as the layer combo for the layout book, then switch to a different layout and it switched to "A2 - Clerestory Plan" layer combo... this is broken and has been a HUGE problem for quite a while.

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
12 REPLIES 12

@4dProof wrote:

If I have one gripe about AC lately, its bugs like this that either make us second guess our documents every time we publish or spend unnecessary hours checking the work already done after publishing.

Nailed it. 👍

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

If layers are switching between pages, that is an issue.

But not a big issue, as we supposedly only have one layer set in the entire layout book.

Change a layer in any layout page and it should affect all other pages.

So to me it is pointless putting things in different layers.

I am sure you have heard this before.

Put everything in the layout book in the Archicad layer.

That way it can never be turned off accidentally.

Don't annotate or add anything else in the layouts unless it is in the Archicad layer.

If you want to hide something but not delete it, move it to the side of the layout page.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

An exception to using only the Archicad layer that I've historically used is for info primarily in the master layouts and title blocks where I have watermarks for "Preliminary - Not for Construction" and similar stamps that I turn on and off via special Layout Book combinations.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!